User Tag List

Thread: Canon Announces ME200S-SH camera for niche applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Canon Announces ME200S-SH camera for niche applications

Canon Announces ME200S-SH camera for Live broadcasts & niche applications
    Canon has announced an interesting HD camera in a cube like form factor.
    The ME200S-SH doesn’t have internal recording ability. You have to add an external recorder via HDMI or 3G/HD-SDI.

It comes with Dual pixel AF. So when placed at a unique position the subjects will be in focus.

High ISO of upto 204,800 will help in usage in low light areas.

Mount: EF cinema lock type mount is standard. One can use EF, EF-S and Cine servo lenses with this camera.
    Sensor size: Super35mm format.
    Sensor: 8.2 Megapixel sensor.
    Resolution: 1920x1080 @50p/60p.
    It is meant for niche applications. It can be used in Studios, events, placed for unique angles in sports, wildlife etc.

With the RC-V100 remote control one can control the focus, aperture, exposure and ND filters from a distance.

The ME200S-SH camera features 3G/HD-SDI and HDMI output terminals that enable users to output video via a single cable to a variety of peripheral equipment, including external recorders and monitors. A 12-pin lens jack is provided to enable communication with the drive unit of select CINE-SERVO and broadcast lenses. Equipped with a 2.5mm stereo mini-jack and a round eight-pin jack for RS-422, the multi-purpose camera is capable of connecting with Canon’s optional RC-V100 Remote Controller. Furthermore, a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack allows the camera to connect to a microphone or other external audio equipment.

Availability: August 2016
    Pricing: ME200S-SH $5,999 USD.
    RC-V100 remote control: $2999 USD
    RS-422 eight pin remote cable : $249 USD for 10m cable and $999 for 100 m cable
    TB-1 Tripod Base: $35 USD.

Some people may not be too happy with the HD only camera. However, many broadcasts as well as event coverage and films continue to be HD only. This camera should generate a good amount of interest.

Update: Although the official MSRP is $5999 US Dollars B&H has it for $4999 US dollars. You can check it here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/ME...DFF/d10-v1-t12
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information