ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Indian Plaintive Cuckoo (Male)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Indian Plaintive Cuckoo (Male)

I am very happy to share the song off elusive Indian Plaintive Cuckoo (Male), which has been recorded by me in my village in West Bengal with my mobile phone early in the morning just two days ago. You can also identified the calls of Asian Koel, Waterhens and bulbuls in this chorus...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

On 5th April at about 10 p.m, listening to your nature-music, I am in the early morning at 5 a.m in Kolkata tomorrow.
    Shrill 'Pi-pi-pipeepee' call of Plaintive Cuckoo and the continuous melody ' ku-ku-kuoo-kuooo' of Asian Koel are distinct and clear.
    I hear them in the early morning but Plaintive is rare here .... these songsters contribute to pleasant feeling for the full morning session of our lives during spring.
    Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Samrat Bhai,
    'Pieu kanha, pieu kanha' of Common Hawk Cuckoo and ' Bou katha kao, bou katha kao' of Indian Cuckoo....... missing them in Kolkata...A few days back in the garden near Gandhighat on Ganga in Barrackpore I listened to simultaneous call of Koel and Common Hawk cuckoo in the afternoon.

Coming back to your recording of the call of Indian Plaintive Cuckoo, recently I read that someone has given it a beautiful name ..."Surela Kokil" in Bengali.
    Kind regards,
    SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Shakti da
    Sorry for the late reply to your comments..another information about this Plaintive Cuckoo I want to share with you that this bird is also known by the Bengali name "Borsha Priyo". I have listening its beautiful song throughout mid-march to mid-april this year specially in the early morning...

Thanks again
    Samrat

Thread Information