ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Infrared shot from Sundarbans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Infrared shot from Sundarbans

Here is another shot from Sundarbans. Again I wanted to emphasise on the clouds. This was shot in infrared. When the light becomes terrible for normal camera, the infrared camera shines.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III specially modified to shoot infrared. 24-70 f2.8 L USM lens at 24mm, f7.1, 1/160, full frame image.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely forms and shapes. Infrared gives a very different look and feel. It looks like a painting . Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Really like this one sir....infact it has a sense of movement in it as if a mild breeze is blowing through.
    TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Really very nice. That's a painting. Amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They say, 'When the heart is full, words are few.' I am so overwhelmed with emotions, looking at this image, that hardly do I find any apt word for appreciation!

What came to my mind the very moment my father drew my attention to this photo, was Kalidasa's 'Meghdutam'. The prominent, white cloud in the centre, makes me imagine the one, which the exiled Yaksha addressed in the classic Sanskrit poem. The Yaksha of Meghdutam had asked the harbinger of rain to convey his message of love to his beloved who was dwelling in a far off place. In the Sunderbans, the trees, through the clouds, might be trying to convey their own message to far off places, may be in a tune silent to human ears, but with a music of its own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Indranil,
    A very apt description. During my childhood days I had read a translated version of Meghaduta. I guess it is time to read it again.

After having seen tigers in many forests of India, I have virtually stopped visiting many of those places where the probability of tiger sighting is very very high. Am yet to see a tiger in Sundarbans. However, each visit to Sundarban is a different experience. The vast expanse of Sundarban where the sky meets the water and land is so awe inspiring that I never get tired of. I feel each creek and landscape is freshly sculpted each day by the creator. The shape and size of the clouds lend a different meaning to each landscape. That is why in most of my landscape shots of Sundarbans you find me giving emphasis to the clouds. What are they speaking? Are they conveying some message that we don't understand? Are the clouds talking with the trees. At times during the mid day and evening during harsh sunshine, I feel the creator is checking the well being and speaking to the trees like a parent does to his child. In the morning at times I have felt as if the creator is gently waking up his creation and floating above the trees. At times I have thought as if the clouds are the lovers and gently touching the trees.

And at times after looking at this massive landscape and realising how small we are, I feel as if the ego in me escapes my body and moves up in clouds. I feel at peace in Sundarban. I am not a poet. I am sure a poet can get inspirations to create another mahakavya if he/she visits Sundarban.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely overwhelmed !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very beautiful image.Soothing to the eyes.Thanks