contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Female cub of Khitauli (Bandhavgarh)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Female cub of Khitauli (Bandhavgarh)

She is the sibling of the male cub of whom I had posted the image few days back. This litter comprises of 4 cubs. 2 of them had gone along with the mother. We missed them in the beginning of this safari. These 2 were some how left behind. We found the male & this female cub in different places but not too far from each other.

Place & date: Bandhavgarh, May 2016
    Sony a6000 with SEL 55-210mm
    exif: Manual mode, 210mm, ISO 160, f/6.3, SS 1/250

Thanks for viewing. Comments & critics welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice !!
    looks like she is walking uphill in scorching sun ..wondering how it would have looked if she was composed slightly towards the bottom end on the left .... a wider composition ..showing a long road ahead . is the focus on the body ?.. post more please .. if you have captured both the cubs together...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the comments Neeraj. Yes, I too felt she had to be composed slightly towards the bottom left. Yes, the focus is on the body though I tried my best to get the face in focus too. As I mentioned before the cubs were seen in different places. The male cub was seen on the road that goes to Nigha nala & this female was seen near another waterhole (I think its called Darha).

Yes she walked uphill (a small elevation) in s (it was around 9.45 AM) scorching sun, where in she turned towards us and showed her face. Will post that image too shortly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice image. The light was quite harsh, giving a slight -ve exposure compensation would have been good. Also you could have tried using a narrower aperture to get more depth of field (cover the full body and face) as you could have raised the ISO slightly and got a comfortable shutter speed with f8 aperture. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice capture. It seems some earth work is being done perhaps to catch or store water for use by wild animals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The image looks a bit bright. About 2/3rd stop lower brightness would have been great. In digital it is very important to see that the bright areas don't get overexposed as you can never recover the details.

If you don't have eye contact with the subject, then it is better to create a wider scene and show us where it is heading. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information