Thread: Rongmuk: Where small wilds live in a tea garden

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rongmuk: Where small wilds live in a tea garden

All around you there is a beckoning of the green nature. Wherever the eyes go the green tea gardens will attract your attention. In between the series of the tea plants are the shade trees. The sky is sometimes being covered by gloomy clouds, and then gleams of scattered sunlight will fall on the slopes of the either sides of the hill.

As we proceed towards Darjeeling from Siliguri along NH 55 there is a tiny hilly hamlet named Sonada, about 60 km from Siliguri and 8 km away from Ghum. All along the road was our companion, the narrow guage rail line of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. From Sonada it was about 40 minutes’ drive down towards the Balasun river. The condition of the road from Sonada downwards was very bad and driving along the road was a nightmare. And we sighed of relief when we arrived the Rongmuk-Cedars Tea Estate at last. We could see series of hill top lines all around. We could see a misty view of the Kurshiang city with the Balasun river below our viewpoint. Here we have come to participate in a 4 day nature camp.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information