ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Golden Langur_Outskirts of Manas National Park

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Golden Langur_Outskirts of Manas National Park

Had a short trip to Manas and adjacent area in last week. My friend Sanjeev Roy joined me in this trip. Sanjeev is a renowned wildlife conservationist in Assam and he has been working on Golden langur since 1995. I may post my experiences of this trip later. I photographed this image in a tribal village close to Panbari range of Manas.

Canon 7D + Canon 500mm f4 + Monopod

ISO 800, 1/200, f5, Full frame
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

excellent composition DADA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inquisitive stare....wonderful image! Am yet to see this beautiful golden langur in the wild.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

'Appealing look' - evoking empathic feelings. Wonderful. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lovely. Such a beautiful species. Got its scientific name after E. P. Gee (Trachypithecus geei).

A tiny bit more space at the bottom to include the complete elbow would have been nice. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot Sandipan, Debasis da, Shakti da and Sabyasachi da for your appreciating words.

There were five langurs in this group. When I located them the group was resting inside a thick foliage of a tall bamboo bush. I waited patiently for one and half hours to see them come out in the open tree branches. Suddenly one young male came down and immediately I clicked a series of shots. The langur came so close that my lens could not accommodate a larger figure of it. Then it disappeared very quickly without giving me any chance to capture some wide views of it. Then I waited at the same spot two more hours expecting something more from them. They did not disappoint me. I got some more shots of them which I eagerly waiting to post in the forum in near future.

Manas is now completely water-logged. The water level of River Beki has increased to a great extent and water has started entering the park. All the branch roads of the park are completely under water. All the trees are so much full of new branches and green leaves that it seemed that it was their real kingdom. With all this was the presence of a huge number of leeches and blood sucking flies. To me those leeches and the flies were a great menace to click my shutter. It was quite a different experience for me to see Manas in that situation, but I loved that situation very much.
    All the mammals are now struggling to cope with the present situation to avoid the rising water level and are now trying to move upwards to Mathanguri. I hope to visit Manas again during the full monsoon and intend to document them how they overcome the hurdles of this season.

samrat

Thread Information