ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Peregrine Falcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Peregrine Falcon

Peregrine Falcon is an important winter migratory raptors in Indian sub-continent.
    During its characteristic hunting stoop (i.e. high speed dive), it makes the fastest member of the animal kingdom. I am really very luck to see this predator in front of my eyes.
    Place - Damodar River, Barddhaman, West bengal
    Date -
    Canon 600D + Sigma 150-600 mm
    Focal Length: 500 mm
    Shutter Speed: 1/1600 sec
    Aperture: f/8
    ISO: 400
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is no less exciting than sighting a tiger.There seem to be some loss of details.None the less a wonderful capture.Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shyamala Kumar View Post
    This is no less exciting than sighting a tiger.There seem to be some loss of details.None the less a wonderful capture.Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for your lovely comments.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

' Terror from the skies ' in Krishnan's words. Looks like a juvenile. Rare image, nice moustachial stripe and eye contact.
    Shri Sabyasachi, Madam Mrudul and I were lucky to see this celebrated falcon during our trip to the Sundarbans in January, 2015.

No words to describe your enduring love for river Damodar. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a majestic bird. Rare sighting. Lucky to sight it in the open and so close to the ground. The river is offering a very nice habitat for birds. So many water birds and rare raptors visiting the place. As Saktida has mentioned, we had a brief sighting of this bird, got to click just one or two frames before it flew away. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saktipada Panigrahi View Post
    ' Terror from the skies ' in Krishnan's words. Looks like a juvenile. Rare image, nice moustachial stripe and eye contact.
    Shri Sabyasachi, Madam Mrudul and I were lucky to see this celebrated falcon during our trip to the Sundarbans in January, 2015.

No words to describe your enduring love for river Damodar. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild
    It was my day.....I am feeling very lucky to this majestic predator in front of my eyes....thanks for the comment Sir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    Such a majestic bird. Rare sighting. Lucky to sight it in the open and so close to the ground. The river is offering a very nice habitat for birds. So many water birds and rare raptors visiting the place. As Saktida has mentioned, we had a brief sighting of this bird, got to click just one or two frames before it flew away. Thanks for sharing.
    Madam...gradually I shall post the photographs of many raptors, found in my region. Like Shaheen, I have other good snaps of Peregrine Falcon.
    Thanks for the comment...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lovely capture .... great find and a very good sighting too ... thanks for sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joydip Mukherjee View Post
    lovely capture .... great find and a very good sighting too ... thanks for sharing
    thank you very much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like the eye contact here. Nice pose. The details are a bit less in this image, I guess because of crop. I am sure you will get many opportunities to click this superb predator. Have patience. I am sure you will soon get a frame filling vertical composition of this majestic raptor. What time of the day did you click it? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    I like the eye contact here. Nice pose. The details are a bit less in this image, I guess because of crop. I am sure you will get many opportunities to click this superb predator. Have patience. I am sure you will soon get a frame filling vertical composition of this majestic raptor. What time of the day did you click it? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Thanks for the comment Sir...
    I want again to watch this raptor....I clicked this photograph near about 8.00 am.

Thread Information