ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: How is 7D mii

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How is 7D mii

I want to upgrade my cam ,need some suggestion !!!range withIn 1lakh ,how abt 7D mII...is that ok or anybody have better suggestion!!!!as I have Tamron 150-600 canon mount lens..I am looking for canon camera only...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

With your planned budget, it sounds like the 7D m2 would be good, especially since you plan to photograph birds (I assume it is birds, considering you have a 150-600). The 80D is also priced similarly - you will need to compare the specs and features.
    I have used the 7D m2 for birds at times when I can't afford to miss the shot (including in poor light), and yes, it delivers brilliantly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Within 1 Lakh you can find the 7DII and the 80D. The main difference between the two cameras except for the price is:
    1) FPS: 7DII has 10fps vs 7fps of 80D
    2) AF: 7DII has 65 all cross type AF points
    80D has 45 all cross type AF points
    3) Shutter: 7DII shutter will last for 2,00,000 2 lakh actuations and 80D will last 1 lakh actuations
    4) Resolution: 7DII has 20.2 MP vs 24.2MP of 80D

The first time I had a camera that can shoot at 10 frames per second was the Canon EOS 1V HS. It was a SLR (not DSLR). We used to put rolls that can shoot 36 shots. So if you press the shutter button then within 3 seconds the roll is gone. So I was very careful. Never found an awesome action scene that needed me to click at 10fps. Importantly, out of the burst shooting, a lot of shots don't have the right eye contact and hence later needs to be deleted. So I rarely need to fire more than 4-5 shots in a burst. A lot of people in safaris prefer to fire in burst to show as if they are firing a machine gun, it is perhaps proof of manhood. So you need to decide if 10 fps of 7DII or 7 fps of 80D is right for you.

The 7DII has more cross type AF points. So it has a better AF coverage. However, I am happy with the 80D AF. The Dual pixel AF is very good. With either of them you can't go wrong.

Resolution: To me 20MP vs 24MP doesn't matter. I am fine with either resolution.

Shutter Life: The 7DII shutter life is rated at 2 lakh actuations vs 1 lakh of the 80D. But believe me not many people shoot even 50k shots in a camera except for a person who is shooting everyday. And replacing shutter is not costly.

I love the vari-angle LCD of the 80D. And I feel the 80D has a better dynamic range than the 7DII.

Last year me and Mrudul and gone to personally pick up the 1DXII and the 80D from a store before our Sundarbans trip. A few guys who post in an online photosharing site, advised me to buy the 7DII. They thought I am just a rich guy who buys a 1DXII and a 80D and said 80D is for normal customers. The morale of the story is people don't see what a camera is capable of. They feel if you are a serious shooter then you should buy the costlier item.

I can safely say that these cameras are better then the shooters 99.9% of the time.

You should always buy the best canon lenses. They will last for a lifetime.

7DII detailed specs here: http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/sho...unced-by-Canon
    80D detailed specs here: http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?17307

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you both....

Thread Information