contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Needed Tips for low light clicks.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Needed Tips for low light clicks.....

Last month it was one of the happy day and as well as little sad day for me..Went for a safari at Kabini, in one safari i was lucky to see 4 different tigers and 3 leopards ...I got 2 tigers clicks and 1 leopard click well cos of good lighting, missed others cos of low light(late eve)....Missed 2leopards drinking water in pond because of low light....Anyhow i tried with high ISO once i got the chance that the tiger stayed inside bush without a move for few seconds, i couldn't click with low shutter as i am shooting handheld .. Also i was in canter not in jeep.... cant use a tripod or a bean bag to try with low shutter speed as the subject is moving...Anyway it was the good day in life.This one i got after processing..canon 600D-tamron 150-600,1/250,ISO 6400,F6.3,on 450mm,Hand held.shot in raw mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my honest opinion, this looks nice as is. nice eye contact

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ghost and the darkness.... love it....this is very good image with Tamron 150-600 F6.3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Clearly the image is underexposed. In the evening f6.3 doesn't leave you with much scope. So zoom out and use the widest aperture of f5. That would have helped you a little bit with the ISO.

Zooming out is fine as now the front paw is cut. You have to take chances with slightly reducing the shutter to 1/125 seconds or so as your lens is supposed to have image stabilisation. However, I am not sure how good the Tamron's VC is. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you're not shooting for a living, then low light photography is fun in itself because of the challenges it poses.

I agree with Sabyasachi's suggestions. The Tamron 150-600 has a very good VR system, so you could easily have tried a lower shutter speed. With the right handholding technique, you should be able to handhold at 1/double-digit shutter speeds at 600mm with that lens. Secondly, a wider aperture means everything in low light, so go for the best focal length at the widest available aperture. You can even use low light to make some creatively blurred images.

Of course, if very sharp shots matter a whole lot to you, then more capable cameras and faster lenses are the answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks every one....agree with you all....main thing is that it was in canter not in safari jeep,people will move here and there once spotted big cats...In canter childrens will be there,people coming with entire family... ....little difficult to play with our cam as we have a small window for the canter safari...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know of the challenges in a canter. Even in a jeep, at times you are stuck to a bad position. We always offer critique based on the best possible, knowing that at times there are unavoidable constraints and at times it could have been done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that image rather good.

Thread Information