ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Capped Langur - Manas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Capped Langur - Manas

The vulnerable to near threatened species of capped langurs, about 500 odd are left in Manas National Park. They are highly social primate, could not photograph a good portrait due to infant to adult indulging in much play. Especially adult interacting extensively, observed their vocal calls were well-developed and strongly tactile gestures, including grooming and face-to-face hugging.

The four nights and five days I was in Manas, I encountered just with three groups on three different days. As per the guide, he still considers me lucky to have spotted quite a few of the near threatened to critically endangered species in five days.

Nikon D4s, Nikor 300 F4 FL ED, Shot @ F9, ISO 1008, 1/2000s
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great to see this species. However, the tree trunk is taking away our attention as that is the brightest as well as biggest part of the image. It is not easy to point the camera up and create a pleasing image. It would have been great if a sliver of sunlight would have fallen on the langur. Look forward to more images of this lovely species. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Rare sighting. Good photogragh of this shy langur under trying conditions. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely sighting. Difficult conditions to photograph. Maybe you could have tried a vertical composition here. That would have helped to get less of the tree and some more space at the bottom. Liked the eye contact and the catchlight on the eye. Good that you were able to observe and photograph quite a few of these rare species. Look forward to see more photographs from Manas. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lovely image Debasis da..hope you enjoyed a lot in Manas... the bark of the tree trunk has been eaten by Malayan giant squirrel probably.

Samrat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Such beautiful images from Manas. Hope the numbers of these primates improves in the future.

Thread Information