ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Mottled Wood Owl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mottled Wood Owl

This was taken in the buffer zone of the Tadoba. I had taken some images the day before (of both mother and kid), but the lighting was not favorable (very harsh), so I couldn't do much even after trying different settings. Our plans got changed unexpected and we had to leave the day after, which means I can now go for another safari. Since, it was a last minute decision I couldn't get the core zone, and as being a weekend all other buffer zones were booked except for this one where it is believed that the tiger sightings are almost null.

So had decided to visit the same place once again where this owl was found. However, this time only child was sitting on the tree. Though it was giving some good pose, the light was still not favorable. At one point of time I stopped taking it's pictures as it was giving the same pose again and again. I kept my camera aside and thinking about how differently I can take it's pic. Meanwhile, the thought struck in my mind about it's mother. After exploring the surroundings finally I found her. Luckily, she was sitting in the lower branch, light was better, but she was facing the opposite direction. Set all my settings and waiting for her to turn. And after a long wait, there you go it turned. Just for once. And then again towards the opposite direction. I was satisfied with my image and went away.

Oh and by the way, we were able to spot a tigress and it was there with us for two minutes in a zone where it is believed the tiger sightings are a hoax. :-)

Aperture: 5.6f
    Shutter Speed: 1/640s
    ISO: 1000
    Exp comp: -1ev
    Flash: Did not fire
    WB: 6800K
    Aperture priority
    Hand held
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love this image. A bit unusual to see a wood owl on such a clean perch. Nice composition. The tree trunk on the left seems to have some details washed out - noise reduction?
    On the whole a lovely image.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Abhishek for the feedback.

I had brought back the luminance noise from 30 to 0 but there is no difference in the details of the tree trunk. Not sure what else it might be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Nice click. Which buffer zone you went to. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its good that you waited for the right moment and photographed it. Nice head turn and eye contact. Agree its lucky you could sight it in the open. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lovely...I loved the wide composition..TFS

Samrat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an exceptionally great shot...rare one

Thread Information