ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Boxer Mantis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Boxer Mantis

I don't know why these mantis attracts me so much. This one I found in our Boisa (a little monsoon fed lake in our village) region. Though this is the only specimen I found till now. A species namely Unicorn Boxer Mantis was also found almost a couple of kilometers away from this region looking similar to this one. This one looks almost similar to that one though have dark coloration. The inner spots of the front legs can not be recorded as it moved a little and it was set to its freedom by not disturbing it too much. Any idea to its identity would be appreciated.

Exif info:

Camera: Nikon D7000
    Lens: Nikon 40mm macro
    Aperture: f/13
    ISO: 400
    Shutter Speed: 1/320s

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone will mistake it for some piece of bark/wood if not observed closely. The bright white flower on top is a bit distracting. Did you try another angle by moving a bit more to the left? Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    Anyone will mistake it for some piece of bark/wood if not observed closely. The bright white flower on top is a bit distracting. Did you try another angle by moving a bit more to the left? Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you Mrudul ji. For the first time I took is as a dry leaf such a master camouflage it show. To make the sense of its real appearance I choose this frame to share here. As the white flower distracting our eyesight from the then perception of a dry leaf in the real world, I supposed to keep the sense alive a little in this image.
    Sorry to say that no other frame revealing left side had done.

Thread Information