User Tag List

Thread: Kavalshet Point Amboli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Kavalshet Point Amboli

Dear Friends,

Western Ghats come alive during monsoon with abundant greenery, waterfalls, flora & fauna. Anyone visiting this side must explore these places.

Amboli, also called Cherrapunji of Maharashtra is one such location. It's visited by Tourists , Photographers & researchers.

Sharing one of shots from Kavalshet Point.

EXIF : Canon 550D, EF-S 10-18mm, Shot @ 10mm, ISO 400, f/8, Tv:1/320, Full Frame.

Hope you like & enjoy it.

Regards/Anil Kumar Verma
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful view of the valley. The ranges of table top mountains complete with waterfalls and greenery look amazing. Was it very windy? Maybe using a slight higher ISO and shutter speed would have been good. The dry tree in the center provides a stark contrast to the background.

I am in two minds about the inclusion of this tree. Do you have any images without the tree in the centre? It would be good to compare which composition looks better. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lovely scene. The hills are gradually sloping down and the lines form a concentric circles which is very nice. However, the tree blocks it. It would have been better if this shot would have been composed with the camera raised to a higher level, so that the tree appeared smaller at the bottom. Else, moving to the left would have been better. Also, I find the bottom portion ie. the grasses near the tree to be a bit more sharpened. That draws attention a bit more. The clouds add lot of drama. I can visualise spending hours in this site creating different compositions.

I feel photography, especially in places like this, has to be approached like a painting. Take deep breath and relax and be in the place. And automatically ones eye gets drawn to different areas of the landscape. And that's how one needs to start creating compositions. I am speaking from one of my experiences in laddakh a decade and half ago, when I became greedy looking at the awesome landscapes and just went on clicking. Later I felt many of those compositions were good but soul less. Since then I feel very reluctant to go with big groups on treks because everybody is in a hurry. The photography in these places have to be like an extension of meditation. If we listen to your inner voice then it will guide us. Thanks for sharing as it took me flying down my memory lane.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

So nice hearing you Dada, Words like these are really inspiring & motivate to push beyond routine pictures.

Regards/Anil Kumar Verma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Stunningly beautiful picture!One feels like looking at the pic for a long time.At one look you want to say "Wow"!

The Western Ghats this season has become amazingly beautiful and you have captured one shot nicely.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loved overall. Perfect clarity, color, composition are depicted from the picture!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Lovely scene. The hills are gradually sloping down and the lines form a concentric circles which is very nice. However, the tree blocks it. It would have been better if this shot would have been composed with the camera raised to a higher level, so that the tree appeared smaller at the bottom. Else, moving to the left would have been better. Also, I find the bottom portion ie. the grasses near the tree to be a bit more sharpened. That draws attention a bit more. The clouds add lot of drama. I can visualise spending hours in this site creating different compositions.

I feel photography, especially in places like this, has to be approached like a painting. Take deep breath and relax and be in the place. And automatically ones eye gets drawn to different areas of the landscape. And that's how one needs to start creating compositions. I am speaking from one of my experiences in laddakh a decade and half ago, when I became greedy looking at the awesome landscapes and just went on clicking. Later I felt many of those compositions were good but soul less. Since then I feel very reluctant to go with big groups on treks because everybody is in a hurry. The photography in these places have to be like an extension of meditation. If we listen to your inner voice then it will guide us. Thanks for sharing as it took me flying down my memory lane.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    I fully agree with you. It IS like an extension of meditation, with lot of serotonin running through your system.
    Nice landscape.....

Thread Information