ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Mighty Hunter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Mighty Hunter

Jumping spiders belong to those ones who do not use cobweb for prey. They prefer waiting silently and a sudden attack onto the victim. This one is from Salticidae family, Hyllus sp.

EXIF Info:

Camera: Nikon D7000
    Lens: Nikon 40mm macro
    Aperture: F/16
    ISO: 400
    Shutter Speed: /125

Handheld, Edited, Full Frame

Thanks for viewing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Nice one, loved the different form of perspective due to the smaller focal length, something usually missed on the 90-100mm focal length macro lens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A big catch. Slight less space on the right and more to the left would have helped to include the grasshopper in full. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prajwal J Ullal View Post
    Nice one, loved the different form of perspective due to the smaller focal length, something usually missed on the 90-100mm focal length macro lens
    Thank you for sweet compliments. Firstly, I want to say that I never use a longer focal length macro lens. With a wider lens the surroundings is more likely to be revealed. I have come across some nice composition with canon 10-18mm by you. But, truly speaking, with a wide angle macro lens, particularly using it for tiny subjects, is a real tough job to me. There are much burdens like to get closure to the subject, particularly when it is non-cooperative or shy and fast moving(generally most of the insects) or heavy bushes, wetlands etc, problems due to low light or casting shadow of the camera, lower depth of field, extra consciousness against physical movement(which is extremely annoying) etc. Then comes the lens' (Nikkor 40mm macro) performance which has very slow autofocus system, no internal focus mechanism results in coming out the front part to some extent sometime frighten the subject and goes against all other skills, a far cry smoothness of the focus ring when you want it for manual purpose, no VR system. Conquering all of these sorts an image comes ultimately. Most of the time I came across many interesting cases though remain unable to frame them. And, because of all these, I fixed my next target to a longer focal length macro lens. I don't know how far it would suit me but I am optimistic. Just one point I would miss, as you said, the surroundings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    A big catch. Slight less space on the right and more to the left would have helped to include the grasshopper in full. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you Mrudul ji for your complements. I completely agree with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice catch. The hapless prey is in focus. It is tough to get lot of depth of field when shooting in close focusing distances. This one would have also worked in vertical mode. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information