ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Peeping Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Peeping Tom

Halfway through a drizzling evening Safari at Zone A, we were slowly moving near the Tiger tank when a Langur alarm call right above us caught our attention. Switching off the jeep, we were waiting patiently and the langur alarm chatter was continuous though there was no movement around. I was sitting at the left and all of a sudden, there was a rustling in the bushes just a few feet to my left. Without a warning a head popped out of the thick undergrowth. It was too close for the 500 prime or the 100-40 IS II. Luckily the 5D Mark III had a EF 50mm f/1.2L USM on it which came in handy for this sighting which lasted just a couple of minutes after which the Tiger just sat down - out of sight inside the bushes.

Canon 5D Mark III, Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM, F4, 1/180, ISO 2500, Hand Held under light drizzle.

regards
    Rajan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You got the eyes nicely through the dense vegetation. We had a similar sighting. After our gypsy came she got up and moved around giving up sometime to photograph. It seems there are amazing sightings in Kabini these days . Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice to see this. Wish both the eyes were in the clear. However, one doesn't have much control over it. The eyes look innocent. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The thick undergrowth which characterizes the Kabini landscape after the rains makes sighting and photographing a tiger in the clear quite challenging.The parthenium, or the unpopular congress grass, seem to have run riot, as has the invasive lantana, and made even elephant sighting quite difficult. However even a glimpse of the top predator is exhilarating.Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information