ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: New Binoculars with Enhanced Image Stabilization from Canon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Binoculars with Enhanced Image Stabilization from Canon

MELVILLE, N.Y., August 2, 2017 – Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced three new additions to its portfolio of Canon Image Stabilized Binoculars with the 14x32 IS, 12x32 IS and 10x32 IS. While all current Canon binoculars are equipped with an image stabilization (IS) function, new to these binocular models is Lens Shift Image Stabilization Technology. The IS technology, found in Canon EF lenses, allows users to see an even sharper image by moving the IS lens to correct optical axis. This technology incorporates a vibration gyro mechanism that assists in canceling out the effects of user-shake or movement.

In addition, the new binoculars are the first Canon binoculars to feature Powered Image Stabilization, a feature frequently found in Canon digital cameras and camcorders. Even the slightest shake when using high- magnification binoculars could translate into a blurred or unstable image from the binocular. When a user utilizes the Powered IS user-shake and movement can be quickly corrected and image quality remains intact.
    “Canon is very proud of its imaging heritage and ability to utilize technologies and solutions across a broad spectrum of products, including our line of Canon Image Stabilized Binoculars,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “The technology implemented into these new models will enhance users’ experiences while offering the familiarity and quality they trust in Canon optics.”

Additional features include:
    Microcomputer Control Technology
    Improved Design and Comfortable Grip
    Field Flattener Lens
    Super Spectra Lens Coating
    6.6 ft. (2m) Minimum Focusing Distance
    Pricing and Availability
    Canon’s new 14x32 IS, 12x32 IS and 10x32 IS binocular models are scheduled to be available November 2017 for an estimated retail price of $1449.00, $1399.00 and $1349.00 respectively.*

For more information, please visit: https://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consu...age_stabilizer
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mrudul Godbole; 24-08-2017 at 02:49 PM. Reason: added image

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The expected availability of these binoculars are listed as November 17th, 2017. If I were to buy, I would reach for the 14x32 IS for its longer reach.

It needs to be seen for how long the two AA batteries last. Each time the IS engages, it would draw power. I am sure using a host of rechargeable batteries will be the solution.

Thread Information