User Tag List

Thread: Canon Launches EF 85mm f1.4L IS USM lens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Canon Launches EF 85mm f1.4L IS USM lens

Canon Launches EF 85mm f1.4L IS USM lens
    Canon has announced a slew of interesting lenses with a 85mm f1.4 L IS lens and three macro tilt-shift lenses. This is the first time Canon has announced a Tilt-Shift lens with macro capabilities.

The 85mm f1.4L IS USM lens is an often used focal length for portraits. Though this lens is F1.4 and not f1.2, Canon has included Image stabilization making it more useful for a lot of applications.

I do have the wonderful 100mm f2.8 L IS macro lens, however, the 100mm focal length is a bit too long for certain applications and the 85mm f1.4L fits into those requirements nicely.

According to Canon the image stabilization in the EF85mm f1.4L IS USM lens is effective for four stops. So one can shoot in very low light, handheld and can get some lovely imagery if the subject is not moving.

Construction of the Lens:
    The EF85mm f1.4 L IS USM lens uses one large diameter high-precision moulded glass aspherical lens. It also has an ASC coating. This diaphragm of this lens has 9 blades which helps in getting a nice rounded bokeh.

Availability: November 2017
    Price: $1599 US dollars
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information