ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Samber deer RTR diary Apr-17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Samber deer RTR diary Apr-17

The short “Ponk” alarm call of the sambar deer is considered to be almost 100% accurate, indicating the presence of a major predator in near presence. Hence sambar calls are used as a sure-shot tracking mechanism for locating tigers.
    Considered to be the favourite food of the tiger, the Sambar is often hunted down by large predators for its immense size, leading to a sumptuous meal!
    Stags are highly aggressive during “rut” of breeding season. When marking territory during rut, stags have been known to spray urine in their faceas an indication for other stags to stay away.
    Canon EOS7D M II , Canon 300mm f/4 IS L USM , 1/1000 , ISO-640 , f/8 , +0.3 step , Handheld , Spot metering ,
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice behaviour of Sambar, versatile in feeding, browsing leaves and twigs captured. Lovely pose. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with Saktida, nice feeding behaviour photographed. The eye contact is good. I was thinking it would have been good to avoid the out of focus area on the top right corner, but then the tail tip might have got cut, so the present composition works . Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is different from the usual Sambar shots due to the behaviour. Unfortunately the Sambar is in shade and the background is bright. However, I would have preferred to have even more ie +2/3 stop EC. Is it a cropped image? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information