ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Leopard - Black Panther's partner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Leopard - Black Panther's partner

This was the Leopard that decided to show up when we were filming the Black Panther (as reported earlier). There was a huge chatter of Langur alarm calls when we spotted the Black Panther. The calls grew louder and more langurs joined in, as we were wondering why. The Leopard slowly climbed an adjoining tree taking the alarm calls to a crescendo (i have a video grab of the sequence which i shall post and link here as well). The Black panther which was resting till then, got up and was closely watching this Leopard all through our sighting.

Kabini - Zone A, around 8:30 AM. Cloudy day with low light

5D Mark IV, Canon EF 500mm F/4L IS II USM, F10, 1/100, ISO 1600

regards
    Rajan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The female leopard looks quite healthy. I feel slight more space on the left for a more rectangular framing would strengthen the composition further. How long was this sighting? Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mrudul, thanks. The sighting of the Black Panther lasted almost 25 minutes and this one came in midway through -maybe lasted 10 minutes.

This was the best angle we could make as we were at a critical point where even a slight movement either side meant loosing sight of the Black Panther on another tree. This was the only place we could see both from and we had to alternate bursts between both.

regards
    Rajan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Agree with Mrudul regarding the crop. We are all used to the 1.5:1 (horizontal::vertical) framing. Guess your crop is to let the branch exit at the top left corner. However, that looks a bit cramped. More space on the left or at the right would have been good. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have experienced the "Alarm calls" of Deers and Sambars at Kabini.Our safari in the morning was coming to a close and suddenly the alarm calls were heard at a distance.The Jeep turned and we could see a Leopard for almost 20 mints.That was a male Leopard of around 7 years old.Missed the Black on that day!....Nice pic and narration.

Regards

Thread Information