ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello Everyone!

I am Jagmeet Singh from Mohali, Punjab recently joined this forum. I am wedding photographer but joined this forum to learn tips and hot topic about wild photography.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hello Jagmeet,
    Welcome to IndiaWilds!

There are lot of things common across the various photography genres. The situation may be different however the basics remain the same. At the minimum, it is painting with light. You still need to get a good exposure. Your composition has to be good and pleasing. These days a lot of weddings are staged with pre and post wedding shoots conducted to simulate a movie like feel. In those situations one gets lot of time. However, even in the midst of staged events and the other rituals where it is completely out of control, one needs to find spontaneity. There are times when people are spontaneous and drop their guard. If those moments are captured, then one can remember it for a lifetime.

Jawaharlal Nehru's famous photo with the flower is an all time great example of spontaneity. Watching Raghu Rai's many such shots of politicians and common men and women highlights those spontaneous moments where we are completely natural and in sync with our environment. And that is what we are looking for.

Wildlife is also about the butterflies and bees and many other tiny organisms that live in your neighbourhood. I am sure, every one can learn about them and be a wildlife photographer and help document our environment and wildlife.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information