ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Leopard King Sariska!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Leopard King Sariska!

Its demeanour makes us think that it is the (I don't know whether its a male or female) King of the jungle.But I am sure its scared of the Tiger!.There were good sightings of Leopard at Sariska ( and even in Gir we saw a Leopard but no Lions!) and this one was a memorable sighting.....After some time it came down the hill and crossed the road towards our back but I had shifted the lens button to Manual focus earlier and did not get good pictures of the crossing!(I should have pushed the button back to auto focus).

Canon 80D,Canon 100-400 IS II USM,f5.6,1/1000,ISO 1250 (auto),Manual focus,hand held

Regards

V S Sankar
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see it basking in the sun. Was it possible to move a bit more towards the right? Then you could have got the face more in clear, I think. Looks like a big male. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For manual focusing, always remember how your lens focuses when you turn the focus right left and right. You should be quickly be able to realise if your focus is ahead of the animal or behind it. These days the DPAF of Canon is very good. When the animal is partially hidden behind vegetation, if you find the face tracking not working, then just use manual focus. I would always use manual focus in such situations, as the focus may hunt in the wrong moment and ruin the shot.

If you estimate the animal to appear at a particular place, then it is better to prefocus on that place, so when the animal appears near the place you had estimated, it would quickly come in focus.

Thread Information