ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Bulbul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bulbul

Not sure of the latin name, but think it's commonly known as a Bulbul. Nikon D3300, Nikkor 70-300mm, f/8, 1/200, ISO 400
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Red vented bulbul. I like the composition. For some reason I see less details in the bird. Is this a cropped image? If so how much is the crop? The shutter speed was 1/200. Normally the rule of thumb for sharp images that we use to follow in the earlier days before image stablisation is: Shutter speed =1/focal length.

So 300mm lens means shutter speed of 1/300. Also one should remember that if you crop then the imperfections in the image get magnified.

A slight increase in contrast will also give a perception of higher sharpness.

Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about the name but the picture looks great to me. Agreed with Sabyasachi on contrast point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Red vented bulbul. I like the composition. For some reason I see less details in the bird. Is this a cropped image? If so how much is the crop? The shutter speed was 1/200. Normally the rule of thumb for sharp images that we use to follow in the earlier days before image stablisation is: Shutter speed =1/focal length.

So 300mm lens means shutter speed of 1/300. Also one should remember that if you crop then the imperfections in the image get magnified.

A slight increase in contrast will also give a perception of higher sharpness.

Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Yes the pic is cropped a bit. 15% maybe. The bird was looking too small in the original image. The light was deminishing and I didn't want to increase the ISO further. Hence the shutter speed. Also since I was on a tripod I thought it should work.

Indeed, slight increase in contrast did increase the shapeness. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice perch and good eye contact. As you said the light was diminishing, you could have used a wider aperture like f7.1 or f6.3, that would have helped to get a higher shutter speed. Also please check the AF point. If the subject is smaller in the frame, the AF point can lock on the background. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information