User Tag List

Thread: The guest of the city

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default The guest of the city

ID: Common Sandpiper

One of the most common visitor, a wader, that can be spotted across the city with water bodies, especially during their migration periods. This particular one was spotted along the rocky shores of Mumbai, on a look out for the food in form of crustaceans or insects. The backdrop of the urban jungle made me frame the beauty

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 18-135
    F/9
    Shutterspeed 1/50
    ISO 100
    Handheld, No flash fired

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the framing. It would've improved the photo a lot had the subject been more sharp. I think it was out of the range of the lens? It makes it look more of a landscape than a bird photo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is so well. The image background and color makes it really great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice perspective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the perspective here, a small bird against the sky scrapers in the background. It shows how it is a fight for birds/animals to survive there with so much pressure for land. Is the AF point locked on the rock in the foreground? Please check. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Wonderful creation of perspective in framing. 'No hope lost' for the bird. The image conveys that hope wins over despair. Absolutely brilliant. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The challenge with this photo is that the bird is not in light. The bright panes of the tall building at the centre attracts our attention. This image would have worked well if there would have been a sliver of light on the bird. Keep trying such compositions. One day you will get a winner when all the elements are in symmetry.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    PS: and ensure that there is no crop in such images.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One question please. In such photos, does the subject needs to be the brightest element in the photo to make it a sharper photo ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sharpness is a separate thing and our visual point of interest is another aspect. Sharpness of an image is dependent on focus, depth of field, shutter speed, subject movement speed, use of support like tripod/monopod/beanbag. So in a situation like this photo, you can get a sharp image of the bird. However, if the background is distracting ie bright, bright colours or placed or framed in such a way that attention goes more to the background then the object, in that scenario the image loses its impact.

This image is in black and white. So our attention is drawn based on brightness of the objects in the frame. So in my previous comment I had said that if there would have been a sliver of light on the bird then the image would have worked well. That would have resulted in more of our attention going to the bird.

If this image would have been in colour, then the colours of the objects would have also played a big role. For example if the colours of the rocks would have been deep and saturated, then along with the texture of the rocks our eyes would have gone there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got your point, thanks Sabyasachi.

Thread Information