ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Canon Launches new 70-200 f2.8 and f4 version lenses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Canon Launches new 70-200 f2.8 and f4 version lenses

Canon has launched the EF70-200 f2.8 L IS III USM lens and EF 70-200 F4L IS II USM lenses.

The 70-200 f2.8 L IS II USM lens was already a great lens which I have used in many wildlife as well as sports and corporate filming events. So the news of an updated version is very exciting.

According to Canon the new EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS III USM lens has got Air Sphere coating on its elements which reduces backlight flaring and ghosting when faced with strong backlights and the contrast is very good. The minimum focusing distance is 3.94 feet. This lens has got one fluorite element and 5 Ultra low dispersion glass elements which will increase the colour fidelity, reduce colour fringing and reduce chromatic aberration.

The front element filter thread remains the same at 77mm.
    The diaphragm has got 9 blades and rounded to give a smooth bokeh. The previous version had 8 blade diaphragm.
    The image stabilisation is rated at 3.5 stops.

The weight of this lens is 1.44 kg.

B&H link: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...252/KBID/19990
    Price: $2099 US dollar. This will be available by August end.

Canon EF 70-200 f4 L IS II USM lens

The Canon EF 70-200 f4 L IS II lens is a big improvement over the previous version of f4 lens.
    The image stabilisation is now rated at 5 stops. So that is great for handholding. So some people may prefer this lighter lens over the costlier and heavier 2.8 III version.

The EF 70-200 F4 L IS II USM lens has Super Spectra coating for greater contrast and colour fidelity. There is one Fluorite and two UD (Ultra-low dispersion) glass elements for good contrast and colour and reduced CA.

This lens has a minimum close focusing distance of 3.3 feet. It has 9 blade diaphragm. The tripod mount ring is optional.

Front filter thread is 72mm. The weight is 779.6 grams.
    Price: 1299 US Dollars.
    B&H link: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...252/KBID/19990
    Availability: End June 2018.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information