ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Plastic and trash in Mangroves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Plastic and trash in Mangroves

Photographed in the mangroves of Versova in Mumbai, this breaks the heart. While the beaches of Versova are constantly being cleaned by one kind soul and his team, how will one ever clean these. The plastic will choke the life out of the mangroves. The board says ‘with the cutting of mangroves, Mumbai will sink’.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Such a ghastly sight. Couple of years ago while shooting for the documentary on the mangrove ecosystem of Thane creek, I was stunned by the amount of garbage that people dump into the creeks. We are certainly sinking due to the load of plastics. The usage and indiscriminate dumping of plastics in our waterbodies is already ruining our health as well as the health of our ecosystem. We have started getting plastics into our body through our food chain. To stop this we have to continue our campaign in a relentless manner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horrible . Versova being one of the posh localities in Mumbai, the beaches are getting some attention. But I think no one visits this side and so this is looking like a garbage dump . Plastics is banned in Maharashtra now, not sure how much that will help. I hope people realise what the use of plastics will do and stop using them . Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information