User Tag List

Thread: SGNP Hills _Viewed from Yeoor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default SGNP Hills _Viewed from Yeoor

Dear Friends,

We, Mumbaikars/ Thanekars are blessed to have a city forest by name Sanjay Gandhi National Park.

The Sanjay Gandhi National Park (SGNP) has always been an ideal picnic or weekend break away destination for Mumbaikars in search of some respite from the chaos and pressures of this densely populated metropolis. It's about 103 sq.km. of pure wilderness in the heart of Mumbai city and surrounded by a population of 20 million people. Part of the Western Ghats biodiversity, forming roughly 20 per cent of Mumbai’s geographical area. Its home to more than 274 species of birds, 35 species of mammals, 78 species of reptiles and amphibians, 170 species of butterflies and over a staggering 1,300 species of plants.

It's always a pleasure moving around this urban forest & pleased to show a view of it from Yeoor side.

Hope you like & enjoy it & anyone of you visiting this metropolis , make it a point to visit the forest..

EXIF : Canon 550D, Tamron 90mm, f/11, Tv :1/40, ISO :400, PP : LR 5.7, Full Frame

Regards/ Anil Kumar Verma

Information Source Credit : SGNP Website (https://sgnp.maharashtra.gov.in/Site/Home/Index.aspx)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful shot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The image shows many layers and increases our perception of depth. However, the sharpening is perhaps a bit high and giving an impression of tone mapped image. The yellows at the bottom are a bit overexposed and lost details. The yellows in the leaves of the trees at the centre of the frame also dominate. Without that the image would be much better. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with Sabyasachi the layers of greenery look great. Its difficult to believe that this dense forest is inside Mumbai. If proper protection is given then jungles and wildlife can flourish even within a city. Thanks for sharing the details of the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks Dada & Mrudul.. Feedback well taken..

It's always a challenge to get exposure right for all layers with different levels of light & we tend to over-process.

Regards/ Anil Kumar Verma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for this picture Vermaji. I’ve been a mumbaikar from birth until a few years back when I started living abroad.Being a mulund’ite always I had sgnp at my backyard and later shifted near the salt pans of airoli. Much as I love this picture, the stark reality also hits hard. This patch of greenery is one of the few that remain, the range from thane to mira road is going, the range from airoli to shilphata is going, malad/goregaon and borivli are buried under concrete, other places are catching up as well. 4 years ago I participated in the mumbai bird races in feb, in sgnp we could hardly spot 5 species of birds apart from raptors, we had to go to kalyan and beyond for birding and belapur and ahead on the other side. Its good to publicize to increase awareness, mumbaikars need to step up first to conserve as well. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Very apt response by Murugan. Frankly speaking people don't realise. In the mad race to live a life with all material comforts, people forget that we need nature too. Couple of years ago while shooting for the Thane creek documentary, we were in Mumbai. I was surprised to see 50+ storied apartments in many places. There are hardly any green areas except for the National Park and a few tiny pockets. My car used to be parked outside and everyday morning I used to see black soot layer on it. Scary situation emerging.

Thread Information