User Tag List

Thread: Crested Lark from Malshej Ghat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Crested Lark from Malshej Ghat

Dear Friends,

Malshej Ghat has a plateau, on which MTDC resort is built. In and around this resort, yellow flowers of "Nettle Leaved Wedelia" are present in good nos. Some of the patches are tens of meters of flowers. This makes a nice yellow canopy on ground. In between this canopy a black rock pops up.

Moving around this plateau, very pleasant tweets are heard. We started searching for the bird & found no. of pairs of "Crested Lark". Fortunate to spot this little "Crested Lark" on a black rock amidst flowers. It was an interesting scene & it took couple of shots to get this frame in camera.

The place I took this shot was on a slight slope & I was little below the bird giving a clear view. A very shy bird & it didn't allow me to come closer more than about 12-15 meters. Anyway ,could manage a decent environmental shot.

Hope you like & enjoy it.

EXIF : Canon 550D, Tamron 100-400mm VC, FL : 400mm, Av :f/8, Tv : 1/500, ISO :500, PP in LR 5.7, Full Frame

Regards/ Anil Kumar Verma
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice frame. The yellow flowers brighten up the composition. I think there was a slight shake, as the bird doesn't look sharp. Is the AF point locked on the rock? Placing the bird a bit more to the left (with more space in the direction it is looking) could have strengthened the composition further. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice to see its habitat. I would have tried a bit more wider for this image so that the flat rock would have come out fully surrounded by flowers. Less space at the top and more at the bottom would have fit in with the concept that I am thinking. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohh! That's a good one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks Dada, Mrudul & Disha..

I didn't notice earlier, in-fact entire image has gone soft. It doesn't look like this on my screen. Not sure, if some compression issues. Agree on the composition points.

Regards/ Anil

Thread Information