ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Tiger on the Fireline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Tiger on the Fireline

April 2018, Bandipur Nikon D850+70-200+1.4 x ISO2000 F/5.6 1/60s . This Tigress had just come out of a brackish pool as is apparent from the mud covering her lower body . As usual it was practically dark when we saw her .All the time that she walked the fire line she kept calling out to her three cubs which unfortunately for us never made an appearance. I had forgotten to raise the ISO in keeping with the fast growing darkness in the forests...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite the low shutter, the image appears sharp. The coat provides nice contrast to an almost B/W image.. Nice Pic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved the composition. Especially the small plant infront of the tigress stands out against the burnt background. Lovely pose and nice eye contact. I hope she found her cubs :-!. Agree increasing the ISO would have helped to use a narrower aperture and higher shutter speed. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Though the bushes were burnt by man, the green plant shows that life springs up from the ashes if nature is given a free hand. The lantana infestations have resulted in loss of native species. So there is a need for uprooting and repeated burning. Simple burning will not help.

Nice sighting. I agree that a higher shutter speed would have helped in getting a sharper picture. The sight of a tiger gets everyone excited and people move a lot in the vehicle. So it becomes a bit difficult in low light. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice picture of the tiger fresh out of the mud pool, Shyamalaji. There’s so much to be learnt from nature, the tiger is a classic example of beauty even when its coat is smeared in mud. Its the character that make the tiger what it is. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Superb. Cool and natural.
    Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Thread Information