ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Hawk Cuckoo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hawk Cuckoo

This is again from my archives- sometime in 2013. I remember we were returning after the morning safari at Tadoba and had just crossed Jamunbodi when we heard this bird call. Managed to spot it, but couldnt get a good shot, light was harsh too hence one can notice some over exposed whites. Still wanted to share as I haven't seen a hawk cuckoo since then.

Nikon D7k, f/8, SS 1/160, ISO 400, 450mm (sigma 150-500), cropped to remove unwanted branches.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice. Hawk cuckoo (piew kanha, pieu kanha) is voice of winter and spring. We hear its voice even during mid night of winter. While call of Indian cuckoo (bou katha kao, bou katha kao) and Indian koel (ku kuoo, kuoo) in the early morning will announce arrival of spring and shall continue during rainy season also.
    Nice , Murugan Bhai, to listen your voice of jungle after quite sometime.
    Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Saktida for your comments.My current call of the jungle are the tropical rainforests of Malaysia, Borneo and Indonesia as I live in Kuala Lumpur now. However, I always yearn to be back in the jungles of India, it is home after all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely sighting in the open. I like its eyes with the distinctive yellow eye ring (looks like it is kind of highlighted ). I hope things are getting better in Indonesia after the tsunami . Hope you can be back in the Indian jungles soon . Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mrudul- While I am based out of KL in Malaysia we do hear news about Indonesia as well. Its been a disastrous tsunami with over a 1000 people affected. its in a seismic zone so cannot avoid. Last december we had our tickets booked for north bali when mt.agung erupted 2 days before our travel date. The zone is susceptible for natural disasters, beauty comes with a price at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We just returned from Kerala. The rainfalls and landslides are terrifying. With Climate change the natural disasters are going to increase in frequency and intensity. It will be very tough to handle.

Thread Information