ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Tigerscape- Habitat of the Tiger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tigerscape- Habitat of the Tiger

This image has less of landscape and even lesser of the tiger. However, combining both the less'es together gives an impression of the habitat of the tiger. Hence, decided to share the picture in this thread. This is Corbett many years back, got this picture from my archives. This is in the bijrani zone and in the dry river bed/bank, once can often see the tiger and other mammals walk across. The tiger was moving away from us towards the dense canopy of the jungle. Thankfully, most vehicles drove away trying to intercept the tiger ahead, but we chose to stay back and absorb the moment. I have never been fascinated by any other part of Corbett N.P. more than Dhikala and Khinnanauli. When we were in college in the early 90's my friends father was the chief conservator for UP (UP was not split then). We used to often stay at Dhikala and Khinnanauli, and many a times we used to be the first to enter the park post monsoon closure. Pristine, untouched and unpolluted it was then.

Nikon D7k, f/6.3, SS 1/2500, ISO 800, ec +.3, 420mm
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enchanting, that is what I can say seeing the Corbett landscape. This composition shows the typical Corbett habitat and a tiger in it is a bonus .

I have visited lot of other national parks in India, but still (not lucky) to visit Corbett. Not able to plan and work on the bookings part which needs to be done 45 days in advance . You were lucky to be there when the jungle was not as crowded/disturbed as it is becoming now. Look forward to see more from your Corbett days. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mindblowing click. you were lucky to be there when the tiger was roaming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Typical corbett landscape. Love it. I agree that watching a tiger in that landscape is lovely. The vast expanse that you come across in corbett makes you feel like being in a real jungle unlike smaller crowded national parks. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Mrudul, Sabyasachi and Prashant for your comments.

Mrudul- Corbett is a place I can actually settle down after retirement, I am so much in love with it. I haven't come across a jungle which gives the variety of landscape and vegetation that Corbett gives in India. You can get the feeling of the savannah and bush at the same time in Corbett and also in some places get the feeling of a rainforest as well (in season). For Dhikala you need to book 45 days in advance and sad to say when I tried the last time to book at Dhikala online in April this year, I tried for 4 days continuously and every time the room availability would show as full within few minutes. Looks like there is a nexus between the Dept and local guides/tour operators. Nevertheless, this is one jungle I can never get enough of. Good luck on your trip planning and hope that you make the trip to Corbett soon and share your experience with us.

Thread Information