ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Purple Rumped Sunbird @Masinagudi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Purple Rumped Sunbird @Masinagudi

The good thing about resorts and hotels near jungles are that they are abundant in bird life. During our stay in Masinagudi in December-18, our hotel provided one of the best options for birding. Since we had 3 rooms with balcony in each room at our disposal, we had options to move about depending on various fruiting and flowering trees. We saw many birds like leaf birds, sunbirds, drongos,orioles to name a few. Sitting absolutely still was the key, many birds would come pretty close to feed on the fruits and flowers. However, a slightest movement would alert them and they would fly away. One such session saw this sunbird coming fairly close to where we were sitting, hopping from perch to perch for that elusive feed. It had just fed on one of the flowers in this perch and looked up when I noticed the nectar feed glistening on the tip of its beak. Managed to make this picture then, a very close examination helps see it.

Nikon D7k, f/7.1,SS 1/3200, ISO 1000, 420mm (300mmf4+1.4xTC)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The background colours have come out like a watercolour due to the soothing colours of the out of focus flowers. The composition is fine. A slight catchlight in the eye would have elevated this image several notches. The small flowers give us an idea about how delicate this bird is. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lovely photograph filled with colours. I liked the delicate perch and the composition. Agree with Sabyasachi about the painting like effect in the background. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bird is so beautiful! I love the color combination of whole the pic! Your posts are always wonderful, Murugan! Thank you so much for sharing such great work with us!

Thread Information