ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Lopping Trees

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lopping Trees

Lopping of trees is very common in India amongst the pastoral communities. I have found entire forests of trees lopped away to feed livestock.
    This tree was found in Mahabaleshwar. I discovered even farmers lop trees to get more sun for their fields. Does it help? Well, lopped trees eventually die, and that definitely doesn't help, considering awe are in the middle of a severe climate change crisis. More education is needed to prevent this from happening.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too have seen this happening in many places. They do it for feeding the cattle, and maybe also for firewood. I don't think any action is taken against it. Cutting trees is against the law, but this way no one is caught and at the end the tree dies. Really a sad situation .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I fully agree with this. In order to reduce their work people completely lop off trees like you have shown. Cutting off a few branches from each tree would help the tree regenerate easily. This simply shows that there is absolutely no difference between us and Locusts. They just wipe off vegetation.

Thread Information