User Tag List

Thread: Keeping an eye on the sky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Keeping an eye on the sky

ID: Brown headed gull

A frame of a rather cooperative and curious gull that one can encounter while traversing the bridge over the creek. This migrating beauty seem to take pleasure in spending some off time while seated on the railing of the bridge, while it kept a cautious eye on the ongoing traffic as well as on the other mates of it that were flying around. The regular feeding by insensible humans, probably, have made them more tame and rather seemed to be waiting for some form of offering from me too, as well as from the other passerbys too.

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Caonn 55-250 IS
    F/8
    Shutterspeed 1/1000(Tv Mode)
    ISO 200
    Handheld, no flash fired

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why 1/1000 for a still subject? Trading off some of the shutter speed for aperture would have been better. Is it cropped? I would have liked a bit more details in the head. Did you move to the other side and click? Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

1/1000 as was, until that point, framing them in flight, because of their curiosity, they tend to fly by very close to us, its just after the fly by that it landed on the railing. COuldnt manage to head to the other side as by the time I attempted it, few guys stopped by and started feeding them farsan, so all of them flew off towards them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoW! Such a beautiful bird! Its white color feather is looking so beautiful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feeding farsan ? People think they are doing good by feeding wild birds/animals. More awareness need to be raised to make them stop. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I tried intervening the chaps who were feeding them some fried stuffs, their defense, 'we are not feeding them any plastic and unnatural food, this is grain 'ann' based food and they love it, they always wait for us and enjoy the food from our hand,'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice picture of the bird on the bridge, Prajwal. A tad tight image I feel, the frame squeezes the subject a bit more than it should. Wow, people feeding farsan, with the level of contamination that we find in fried foods nowadays just humans having these can result in problems wonder what it should be doing to the birds. No matter how hard we try we Indians are too high in numbers to educate. Might take generations to bring in awareness, however we cannot stop spreading the word though. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information