User Tag List

Thread: Hanuman Monkey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hanuman Monkey

Hi,

During the morning safari in the debrigarh wildlife sanctuary, I captured this photograph.

SY

Name:  _DSC4922_00001-edited-01.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  302.9 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice pose. Lot of vegetation in the foreground, but its good you still got the eyes relatively in clear. It would have been good if the there was some light falling on its face. Please post the EXIF details to help in commenting. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is always tough to get a good exposure with these guys as they have both bright as well a extremely dark areas and it poses a challenge to get both simultaneously. And if sunlight is falling on it then it further creates a challenge. In this case the hair at the top of the head looks over exposed and we can barely see the eye. Opening up the shadows a bit during post processing may be of help. I would have loved to see its face in the clear. What else did you sight in Debrigarh?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EXIF Details

Camera: NIKON D7000
    Focal Length: 250 mm
    Shutter Speed: 1/640 sec
    Aperture: f/5.3
    ISO: 6400

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    It is always tough to get a good exposure with these guys as they have both bright as well a extremely dark areas and it poses a challenge to get both simultaneously. And if sunlight is falling on it then it further creates a challenge. In this case the hair at the top of the head looks over exposed and we can barely see the eye. Opening up the shadows a bit during post processing may be of help. I would have loved to see its face in the clear. What else did you sight in Debrigarh?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Sabyasachi,

Thanks for the feedback. They were very quick and at the same time very curious. During my two days stay in Debrigarh, I spotted peaacocks, hanuman monkeys, Indian guar, wild boars, deers, and many birds. Initially, there were elephants now they have blocked the path. There are many leopards, I was also in the lookout of them but spotted none.

regards
    SY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As mentioned by Sabyaji difficult to get these animals exposed for a good pic.But a good one considering the difficult lighting.

Regards

V S Sankar

Thread Information