A lot of us, like me included, really love the wilderness and believe in conservation but our lives and jobs keep us away from the intense full t8me work it demands. Maybe if we create a list of conservation NGOs location wise, we can help them, support, them or reach out to them.

When I drive through Maharashtra I see forests set on fire. I once saw a dead barking dear on a snare. Who do I reach out to? Who do I call? There’s a mangrove patch in the western suburbs of Mumbai which is being slowly dumped with garbage. Who does one call? Who does one follow up with? It’s so difficult to find the right people in the forest department and their contacts.

Maybe if we maintain a list it will help us all?

There is this committee called Mumbaimangroves.org. My past emails to them have yielded zero reply. Maybe our collective efforts can help us reach out to the right people.

I for myself know this. Please feel free to suggest how else to do this, abbé separate threads for separate states?

Maharashtra Forest Department Helpline : 1926
I have called this number, it works and people on this number give you further numbers of required departments.

https://www.mumbaimangroves.org Is the organisation one needs to get in touch with for mangrove related issues.