User Tag List

Thread: Sunderbans diary Jul-19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sunderbans diary Jul-19

Swamp tiger.
    Seeing a tiger in Sunderbans , itself send adrenaline rush to maximum level. This was my second trip to Sunderban and what a trip to conclude.We sighted two tigers and saw them crossing the canal(almost 1/2km).
    Tigers in Sunderbans are very lean and has more reddish in color. Don't know the real reason.
    Canon 5D M IV , Canon 500mm f/4 + 1.4 converter , ISO-640 , EC -1/3 , Hand held , f/8 , 1/200
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great sighting of a tiger in Sundarbans! These tigers have to do phenomenal amount of hard work just to move within muddy swamps and swim in tide. So obviously they will be lean. The size of prey also decides on the smaller build. For coat colour you need to also take into account the complete absence of dust in sundarbans.

Is this a big crop? I would have loved a higher shutter speed. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Great sighting of a tiger in Sundarbans! These tigers have to do phenomenal amount of hard work just to move within muddy swamps and swim in tide. So obviously they will be lean. The size of prey also decides on the smaller build. For coat colour you need to also take into account the complete absence of dust in sundarbans.

Is this a big crop? I would have loved a higher shutter speed. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Dada , no crop. in an adrenaline rush I forgot to increase the ISO and hence resulted into low shutter speed due to overcast weather.

Vipin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing sighting. Really lucky to sight a tiger in Sunderbans. Lovely display of habitat and also good to get it looking towards you. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice pic of the tiger captured!Nice bit of info from Sabyaji!

Regards

V S Sankar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Rare sighting. Ace photography. Is it in Pirkhali area? What I have heard from fishermen, crab catchers and some field directors who visited the denser southern part of the Sundarbans also, is that they have come across big male tigers. Such males do come to tourism area. Main constraints are that you cannot cover large area or look beyond banks of rivers or creeks into deep jungle.
    Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 26-08-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Thread Information