User Tag List

Thread: That curious look

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default That curious look

ID: Common Silverline

Came across this beauty, right at the initial phase of the trail, and even though it was in the midst of the afternoon, the beauty seemed a tad too lethargic and was more cooperative with the framing. Though it did fly off when I went a tad too close, but luckily, it was steady and supportive while framing it face first. The unique pose made it look as if it was more keen and made it look as if it was curious about the activity happening in front of its eyes

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 100mm macro
    F/6.3
    Shutterspeed 1/125
    ISO 320
    Handheld, External flash fired

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good details. Again, nice use of shallow selective DoF. Another option (if possible) would have been to get the eyes & antennae parallel to the sensor - that would give another perspective with the shallow DoF.
    Nice use of the flash. Personally to me, the best flash photos are the ones in which it doesn't look like a flash has been used. This is a nice example.
    This will work better as a vertical or square crop as there is too much of empty space on both sides. A little more space below would be good, as the butterfly looks too close to the lower edge and the grass blade is also cut by the edge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would have tried this as vertical. The background patterns do distract a bit. I would also like to do away with the space at the top. Slight more space at the bottom if possible would be fine. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good details in the eyes. This composition gives a different perspective, as normally the focus is on the wings . Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I tried attempting the vertical frame, unfortunately with single flash, getting the balance in lighting was difficult, plus the diffuser design disturbed the leaf, possibly disturbing the butterfly leading it to fly off.

Thread Information