Thread: Leaf Weevil

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Leaf Weevil

Leaf Weevil is one of the most common insects found in our locality. Though its colors always attract me. Yesterday, I tried to frame using off-camera flash. It was my second day to follow that method. Previously, I tried some species to frame using this technique without any tripod or stand. Really tough. Particularly when to focus and frame a tiny species in one hand holding a camera body with 105mm macro lens and another holding the flash unit.
    I used a tripod for holding the flash unit. In my garden I discover this tiny beauty. Challange begins. Such a shy insect it is. All the gears were at least 1.5ft away from it, though, it began to play hide and seek. Sometimes it went downward the leaf. I change the position of the flash and suddenly discover it changed its position. Though, it stuck to one leaf only. Even, I touched it several times to move upward or downward- pushed it too. It relaxed with very little movements. But to the gears...!! I think it was reluctant to the camera or flash.. right?

EXIF Info:

Camera: Nikon D7000
    Lens: Nikon 105mm Macro VR
    ISO: 640
    Shutter Speed: 1/125
    Aperture: F/16
    Flash: Godox TT625
    Flash Zoom: 200mm
    Trigger: Godox X1 T N TTL
    Edited, Cropped, Handheld

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images