User Tag List

Thread: The living stone amongst the rocks, just off the urban jungle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default The living stone amongst the rocks, just off the urban jungle

ID: Stone crab

Was traversing through the low tide exposed, barnacle covered rocky patches, on a look out for some interesting marine life, during the recent lowest tide of the month. Unfortunately due to the huge amount of weekend crowd, getting a clear and clean area was almost next to impossible. But after covering a long distance, in an attempt to evade away from the crowd, and hoping for some compelling subject with the some interesting situation, came across an interesting looking rock. On close observation I realized the strange looking rock was actually a stone crab. Not sure if it was the weather(setting sun) or the bright orange eggs that it was carrying, the crab seemed a bit too lethargic and though it was cautions, it didn’t run off, like the usual other crabs, giving me an opportunity to frame it with the urban jungle in the backdrop.

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 18-135 IS
    F/10
    Shutterspeed 1/60
    ISO 100
    Placed on the floor, external flash fired remotely

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The composition is interesting and shows the urban citiscape. Increasingly our urban areas are becoming so big and so anti-earth that other species are being wiped out. Wish we could protect our wetlands and let our green areas remain unmanaged and untrampled and untrammeled so that some species can still survive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is so well camouflaged, I was not able to make it out with the other rocks in the background . Nice to see the bright orange coloured eggs it is carrying. It is good that you are still able to photograph these species so close to the city. Hope they are able to survive in the future too. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information