User Tag List

Thread: The mighty Nawab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default The mighty Nawab

ID: Common Nawab Caterpillar

A massive(first encounter of this size) caterpillar seemed to be taking rest/ready metamorphis into the next stage, on the acacia plant. The level of camouflage was so good that we never realized its presence despite spending close 15mins photographing a damselfly few feet from it. The hulk seemed to have combined two sets of leaves/array into a resting place with its gooey excretion and stayed kaput right in the middle, adding to the level of camouflage. The frontal area’s tentacle like extension with thorny bits almost resembled a crown, but surprisingly, not seen in this particular frame, the hind side of the same had very aggressive, toothed details, giving a sense of predator’s mouth, probably to wade off any predator

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 100mm macro
    F/14
    Shutterspeed 1/125
    ISO 320
    Handheld, external flash fired

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good details. I think a higher ISO would have been nice to get more depth of field to cover the frontal area’s tentacles. Any idea why it is called Nawab ? Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is looking good. You were already at f14 at 1/125. Why ISO 320? How much is the crop? There are some dust spots in your sensor which gets more prominent at narrow apertures. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Not sure why its called a Nawab, but amongst my friend circle, we guess its due to its proximity to the alcohol(just some random joke that we do)

Sabyasachi Sir, had to keep it high to get decent light with the other settings, the area was a bit low lit, due to the tree cover around it, but also didnt want to push any higher to prevent any possibility of noise(just to be safe)
    The frame is almost full frame

Thread Information