ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Common Hawk Cuckoo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

arrow2 Common Hawk Cuckoo.

The photo was taken in my locality this year in January. Nikon D7200 with 200-500 mm.
    1/250,
    f/5.6
    ISO 2000
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Explorer-Ethan...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Explorer-Ethan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see this species. Keep sharing your work... How much cropped is this... Also like to see a vertical composition.
    Dear Tanmoy bhai, I have another point to mention, although this is my personal point of view, wildlife teaches us to be a human being who is pure like wildlife and nature. We never smoke within an area even close to sanctuary, park, game reserve etc. If possible please avoid such profile image which is showing you smoking. It is not at all suitable when you are posting in a wildlife forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Nice first post. The characteristic yellow eye ring looks good. I agree with Samrat's views. Also a more vertical framing would have enhanced the composition further. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with Samrat. The image posted is square. A vertical composition would have been better here. I understand that in the popular instagram app, people post square photos. However, for art and photography there has to be a reason for choosing a particular composition. If a bird is tall, or has a long tail or if you are trying to show the perch, as in this case, it is better to have a vertical composition. A horizontal framing with more space in the direction the species is looking can give a different view point.

There is loss of details in the image, especially in the head area. You have a good tele lens. It is important to try to move in closer to get the desired framing in camera. If the subject is smaller in the frame then one can try and create an image which shows us the habitat and tells us about the relationship of the species. That can be challenging but ultimately leads in creating a better photographer.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure dada.. Thanks for the valuable advice. And the photo isn't much cropped. On a 4:3 ratio I couldnt follow the rule of third. That's why I cropped it in 1:1 ratio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot for your point of view. The bird was so near that I almost forgot about framing while clicking the photo. By keeping the subject in the very middle of the frame. Maybe that time I had it in my mind that I'll crop it later, and while post processing I realized the shot I took, wasn't good enough. And the photo was one of those day's when I just have started using a tele lens. I wasn't much aware of every function of the camera. I shot on shutter priority mode which wasn't appropriate at all in that point.. Will upload a recent photo I've taken..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice image. Nice eye contact.
    Normally common hawk cuckoo perches high up in a tall tree. I remember its winter night screaming brain fever, brain fever when staying in Kolkata suburbs. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Thread Information