User Tag List

Thread: A Little Rest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default A Little Rest

ID- Common Four-ring Butterfly
    A very common species in our locality. Observed this busy over wild flowers for some minutes. I was resting in the shadow of roadside trees. Suddenly, it came very close and choose the edge of the grass for a short period.

EXIF Info:
    Nikon D7000
    Nikon 105mm f2.8 Macro VR
    Aperture: F/5
    ISO: 500
    Shutter speed: 1/1250
    Handheld, NO edit, approx 82% of the Original, natural light.

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice composition. The vertical framing looks good. You can upload an higher resolution image for better viewing. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Red face A Little Rest 2

Thank you Mrudul ji for your words.
    I am uploading the same image with resolution 1024×683pix (previously it was 768×512pix as, many days ago, I found some website telling that the longest side should be 768pix for a vertical images whereas, 1024pix for a horizontal one for web upload for better viewing). It is a little bit confusing to me what should be the pixel value to the longest side for both horizontal or vertical images for web. May it be different as the website change(alike, came across a youtube video telling that 720, 960 and 2048pix is better for images for Facebook upload) I would be really thankful if this confusion gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There was a time when the monitor resolution of computers was very low. Today HD resolution is a minimum. With bigger screens and high pixel densities of the monitors, it was time to allow higher sizes. Even mobile phones have higher resolutions. So we have allowed photos with maximum 2000 pixels on the longest side to be uploaded.

These days the internet speeds have also increased. So I thought we should atleast allow 1 mb+ file sizes. Keep your file size to around 1mb or so and it would be fine. May be in 2020, we will again increase the limit to around 2 mb or so. That will help you guys to upload higher quality files. That impacts us ie. we have to make higher provision for server size. However, that is ok. We want everybody to see higher amount of details in the images. When you upload a photo with longest side upto 2000 pixels and around 1.2mb or so, the image looks good on screen. That will help people enjoying the details and loving the image. We want people to fall in love with wildlife. Else why will people want to save nature?

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    There was a time when the monitor resolution of computers was very low. Today HD resolution is a minimum. With bigger screens and high pixel densities of the monitors, it was time to allow higher sizes. Even mobile phones have higher resolutions. So we have allowed photos with maximum 2000 pixels on the longest side to be uploaded.

These days the internet speeds have also increased. So I thought we should atleast allow 1 mb+ file sizes. Keep your file size to around 1mb or so and it would be fine. May be in 2020, we will again increase the limit to around 2 mb or so. That will help you guys to upload higher quality files. That impacts us ie. we have to make higher provision for server size. However, that is ok. We want everybody to see higher amount of details in the images. When you upload a photo with longest side upto 2000 pixels and around 1.2mb or so, the image looks good on screen. That will help people enjoying the details and loving the image. We want people to fall in love with wildlife. Else why will people want to save nature?

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Thank you so much. It would be really helpful to upload images in your forum in future.

Thread Information