User Tag List

Thread: That curious look

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default That curious look

ID: Marsh harrier

Tried my hand at bird photography after a long time and thanks to Anil Kumar Verma Sir for lending his zoom lens and Vivek Joshi for the unplanned visit to BPS. While traversing through the early birding phase of the trail, spotted a bunch of photographers and, at the same time, a murder of crow(group of them) screaming around this particular location, only to spot this beautiful Marsh Harrier taking perch on the tree taking some rest and preening itself. Though the mighty raptor seemed comfortable, even after the chaos all around it, it felt a bit disturbed and concerned when a pet dog started barking after spotting it on the tree. The beauty had a curious look at the noise, probably keeping a look at the nuisance and kept on continuing with the preening activity

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Tamron 100-400
    F/6.3
    Shutterspeed 1/320
    ISO 320
    Handheld, no flash fired

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see you trying your hand at bird photography . Nice pose, showing how it is keeping an eye on the commotion around it. The image looks a bit soft to me. Is this a crop? If not please check the AF point, it might have locked on the leaves in the foreground. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice sighting. The eye is clear. The image looks a bit soft to me too. Handholding technique is important. A bit of practice with the lens will be of help as well. Do people get their pet dogs for the walk?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information