ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Eurasian Sparrowhawk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eurasian Sparrowhawk

Had an unusual visitor couple of days ago outside my bedroom window. Never seen this bird earlier around these parts. First thought this was the familiar wood Dove, roughly the same size with similar color patterns. The killer looks made it immediately obvious that this is a raptor, feeds on smaller birds. This is a small size migratory raptor whose habitat spans Europe, Africa and Asia.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice sighting. A slight more head turn in your direction would have helped to get better eye contact. Was any special post processing done, as there is loss of details and also the background looks different. It is always best to post images as is doing as little post processing as possible. Please post your equipment and camera details to help in commenting. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    Nice sighting. A slight more head turn in your direction would have helped to get better eye contact. Was any special post processing done, as there is loss of details and also the background looks different. It is always best to post images as is doing as little post processing as possible. Please post your equipment and camera details to help in commenting. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for your response. The shot was hard because the line of sight was steep and had difficulty to poke the lens out of the grilled window. I did alter the background by removing the urban trappings around it (buildings, play ground, etc). Need to wait for a better situation to get this right.
    Last edited by Sundar Amartur; 10-12-2019 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Looks like you were shooting from top down. With these urban sightings it is also important to note the date and time so that it serves as a record. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information