ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Resting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Resting

We were getting ready for a disappointing safari with no sighting of the big cat. Suddenly someone spotted the animal sitting on the road in front of us at a distance. The image is cropped.

Oops, posted in the wrong forum. I would appreciate if one of site administrators move it to the mammal section. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice pose. The eye contact is good. The image is a bit oversharpened. When you crop some details are lost. So we tend to sharpen it. However, one needs to be careful to avoid the oversharpening look. When the subject is small in the frame, the AF point occupies a large area. So when the focus may not be in the exact eye/face. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Nice pose. The eye contact is good. The image is a bit oversharpened. When you crop some details are lost. So we tend to sharpen it. However, one needs to be careful to avoid the oversharpening look. When the subject is small in the frame, the AF point occupies a large area. So when the focus may not be in the exact eye/face. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Sharpened for the reasons you mentioned. The subject was a bit far here. I did crop the image. Here is the unsharpened image.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The repost version looks better. Lovely relaxed pose captured. I feel a bit more space at the top would have strengthened the composition further. Where was this photographed? Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    The repost version looks better. Lovely relaxed pose captured. I feel a bit more space at the top would have strengthened the composition further. Where was this photographed? Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks. I cropped out the top earlier because it was just the mound on the road on which it was sitting. This is from Nagarhole tiger reserve in Karnataka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    More space added. I had a lot of space around the Tiger to work with.I probably may need a 600mm lens to get this spread in full frame.
    Last edited by Sundar Amartur; 11-12-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice pic of a relaxed tiger.Nice eye contact as well.Well captured!

Regards

V S Sankar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by V S Sankar View Post
    Nice pic of a relaxed tiger.Nice eye contact as well.Well captured!

Regards

V S Sankar
    Thanks Sankar. She was cooling off in the wet patch while keeping an eye on the strange looking creatures huddled at a distance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sundar Amartur View Post
    More space added. I had a lot of space around the Tiger to work with.I probably may need a 600mm lens to get this spread in full frame.
    In this version we can see some tire marks on the right side and just a hint of tyre marks on the bottom. In Safari vehicle it may not be always possible to move. However, moving a bit more to the right would help avoid the tyre marks and get the vegetation as the background.

Now you have the 300mm lens. So composing with it can often be a challenge. However, if you take it in your strides then this will become a big help in improving. The difference between painters and photographers is that painters include elements as they wish. Photographers can only eliminate elements from the scene by composing. So moving around helps in getting the elements at certain parts in the frame where they don't become jarring. One needs to play with depth of field as well to see that the elements in focus and helping in creating a story. So instead of always trying f4 to get shallow depth of field, it would be better to experiment.

Also, the difference between a tiger in a zoo and one in forest is the habitat. If we blur the background then that difference is often lost. We need to experiment with different compositions and depth of fields so that the image shows the relationship between the habitat and the species. At times, especially in safari situations like this it may not be possible. Nevertheless by trying we can get better.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information