ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Eurasian Sparrowhawk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eurasian Sparrowhawk

This one has more details (shot through my bedroom window). The background has been altered because there were far too many not so pretty urban trappings around it. At first I thought this was Cooper's hawk which is common in North and Central America (seen it while I was in US for many years). Someone corrected me on this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this photograph the eye contact is better. I feel it is better to keep the background as is (even if it is a city landscape) and we can only try to minimize the distractions as much as possible while framing. It will help to show how birds are adapting to the city. Cropping a lot makes the image to lose details and so we can try to create environmental compositions showing the habitat (which is difficult to compose as compared to tight portraits).

Please post your equipment details (camera model, lens) along with the EXIF details like (aperture, ISO, shutter speed, percent crop), which will help to understand the conditions in which the image was taken and comment accordingly.

Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    In this photograph the eye contact is better. I feel it is better to keep the background as is (even if it is a city landscape) and we can only try to minimize the distractions as much as possible while framing. It will help to show how birds are adapting to the city. Cropping a lot makes the image to loose details and so we can try to create environmental compositions showing the habitat (which is difficult to compose as compared to tight portraits).

Please post your equipment details (camera model, lens) along with the EXIF details like (aperture, ISO, shutter speed, percent crop), which will help to understand the conditions in which the image was taken and comment accordingly.

Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks. I will keep that in mind in my next posting. My 300mm lens does not help in making distant subjects (small in size) fill the full frame. The images posted have EXIF, does the site software here strip this information? Others photography forums don't. Attached the unaltered image.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Sundar Amartur; 11-12-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We ask the contributors to post the exif details separately. We access using various browsers and operating systems. So it is difficult to read. Only when people visualise the situation they can think in what manner the image could have been improved. Visualisation plays a key role in learning.

Most of the popular online websites and blogs suggest cleaning up the background to show a clean well diffused background. However, such alterations ensures that the image can't be used for editorial applications.

When there is a sighting in urban landscape, it is also important to get the depth of field right. Instead of shallow depth of field by using f2.8/f4 apertures using a narrow aperture to get more areas in focus will tell a different story. With wires, branches and linear intrusions one of course needs to be careful and creative in composition. We improve by trying. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    We ask the contributors to post the exif details separately. We access using various browsers and operating systems. So it is difficult to read. Only when people visualise the situation they can think in what manner the image could have been improved. Visualisation plays a key role in learning.

Most of the popular online websites and blogs suggest cleaning up the background to show a clean well diffused background. However, such alterations ensures that the image can't be used for editorial applications.

When there is a sighting in urban landscape, it is also important to get the depth of field right. Instead of shallow depth of field by using f2.8/f4 apertures using a narrow aperture to get more areas in focus will tell a different story. With wires, branches and linear intrusions one of course needs to be careful and creative in composition. We improve by trying. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Noted. I will provide the camera details separately next time.

Thread Information