ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Grey Heron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Grey Heron

Another shot of the bird at Nalsarovar bird sanctuary, Gujarat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What are the exif details? Is the background blurred? Vertical image of tall birds also work. The eye contact is fine. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    What are the exif details? Is the background blurred? Vertical image of tall birds also work. The eye contact is fine. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Where is EXIF? They are always part of the image itself. In other forums this can be directly viewed from the image posted (unless it is stripped by the person posting). It appears here this needs to be explicitly mentioned in the message posted. The bird was on an agricultural field by the road side and the background is blurred. I believe this is acceptable for most people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice light and good eye contact.
    It would help if you mention the Exit details along with the image explicitly in every post. That would help all to understand the manual settings used while taking the image and comment accordingly. Also the equipment details will help to know the limitation of the camera or the lens. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    Nice light and good eye contact.
    It would help if you mention the Exit details along with the image explicitly in every post. That would help all to understand the manual settings used while taking the image and comment accordingly. Also the equipment details will help to know the limitation of the camera or the lens. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks Mrudul. I will post the EXIF extracts explicitly in future postings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Sundar ji, blurring may be acceptable to some people according to your knowledge but, a bird's image with its original background defines the bird's habitat also unless it is taken in clean background. A wildlife image represents the true spirit within it when it displays it habitat also. Artificial blurring only makes the image prominent. Here an experienced eye can easily recognize that artificiality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samrat Sarkar View Post
    Dear Sundar ji, blurring may be acceptable to some people according to your knowledge but, a bird's image with its original background defines the bird's habitat also unless it is taken in clean background. A wildlife image represents the true spirit within it when it displays it habitat also. Artificial blurring only makes the image prominent. Here an experienced eye can easily recognize that artificiality.
    This is due to shallow depth of field. Never intended to be artificial. I have to differ with you on this. The bird here is the main focus of interest, not the uninteresting and untilled farm land behind it. Anyway the image ratings are very subjective and can't be quantified (like in any piece of art), some like it and others don't. I am not all that knowledgeable as you think. I got into this hobby a couple of years ago. I do post in other forums though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EXIF Extract: 300 mm, 1/400 sec; f/7.1; ISO 160

The blurring of the background is because of shallow DOF. How did i end up with shallow DOF? Because of the need for faster shutter speed for hand held shooting (can't use a tripod on a rocking boat), lower ISO for less noise and larger aperture for more light requirement. Larger aperture leads to shallow DOF. Only the bird and its immediate vicinity is in focus. The background here was not altered with photoshop to make it artificial as commented and nor was it deliberately made to look artificial.
    Last edited by Sundar Amartur; 15-12-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Thread Information