ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Sarus crane, Nalsarovar bird sanctuary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sarus crane, Nalsarovar bird sanctuary

This is the tallest flying bird. This is native to Gujarat. The birds are seen in both in wild and urban areas. This was shot on an agricultural field by the roadside.
    300 mm, 1/2500 sec; f/7.1; ISO 500
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very elegant bird. Had seen and photographed them in Bharatpur a few years back. Since they were moving away from the frame, you could have tried to move a bit ahead and then got them coming towards you, that would have strengthened the composition further. I feel a bit more space at the bottom as well as on top would have been nice. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice. Saras are known for their devotion. They remain partners for life. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

P.S. : White-bellied Sea-Eagle, found in Sundarbans, is also a devoted bird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    A very elegant bird. Had seen and photographed them in Bharatpur a few years back. Since they were moving away from the frame, you could have tried to move a bit ahead and then got them coming towards you, that would have strengthened the composition further. I feel a bit more space at the bottom as well as on top would have been nice. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks for looking. They are very nervous of humans and take to flight the minute they sense us. There were logistical problems to position myself in the terrain around me. You know how the topography is around agricultural fields.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saktipada Panigrahi View Post
    Nice. Saras are known for their devotion. They remain partners for life. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

P.S. : White-bellied Sea-Eagle, found in Sundarbans, is also a devoted bird.
    Thanks for sharing this information. Sundarbans, I love to be there sometimes. Tigers there always have fascinated me.

Thread Information