ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Pangong Lake, Ladakh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pangong Lake, Ladakh

High grassland lake in the Himalayas situated at a height of about 4,350 m (14,270 ft). The lake surrounded by mountains on all sides appeared in a small window at a distance as we approached it. The Bollywood movie "Three Idiots" had scenes from here. An amazing place to visit.
    226 mm; 1/320 sec; f/13; ISO 320
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a beautiful view of the Pangong Lake. Different from the ones we normally see. One of the amazing effect which we can see in Ladhak are the shadows on the mountains, that creates unique scenes. I feel a slight less space at the bottom would be nice, that would get more focus on the lake. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    This is a beautiful view of the Pangong Lake. Different from the ones we normally see. One of the amazing effect which we can see in Ladhak are the shadows on the mountains, that creates unique scenes. I feel a slight less space at the bottom would be nice, that would get more focus on the lake. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you. I specifically chose this to post because this is not something seen commonly. I did take few of those common ones too. Here I tried to center the lake in the frame as much as possible, lake is a just a tiny portion of the scene. Crazy altitudes here can make some people very uncomfortable.

Here is an image perhaps more familiar to viewers. China border (they illegally occupied it in the 1962 war) cuts right over the lake.
    Last edited by Sundar Amartur; 20-12-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    I feel a slight less space at the bottom would be nice, that would get more focus on the lake.
    After taking another look at the image, I think your suggestion is correct. Here is the cropped version of the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing the cropped version. I liked the composition. It now shows the way from the right corner to the lake and the two small hills also lead the eye towards the lake. I tried another composition, something as in the below image. So the lake is visible through the two mountains in the front and also shows the shadows on the mountain in the back. Different framings can work to focus on what area we want the viewer to watch .
    Last edited by Mrudul Godbole; 21-12-2019 at 01:30 PM.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Mrudul Ji. I like your composition a lot. However, I hate to loose the rock strewn slopes in the foreground. To sum up, both are good giving different perspectives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interestingly someone in a different forum had critiqued the straight lines on the shores above the water-land edge on the far side, seen clearly in the original version (I have removed this in the repeat image). At that time I could not offer a good explanation to this artifact. Now I have realized they are the markings left behind by the water levels of lake at different times in a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely view. Very different.

Thread Information