User Tag List

Thread: The intimidating pose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default The intimidating pose

ID: Two tailed spider

One of the most common spider specie seen on the bark of the tree, along the wild trails, this particular one seemed to have utilized a particular section of the tree by setting up web all around, almost resembling a blanket like cover. This nasty one was super swift and evasive enough to stay out of sight for most part of the time. Eventually though when I spotted it, it seemed to take upon this 4wild trails, this particular one seemed to have utilized a particular section of the tree by setting up web all around, almost resembling a blanket like cover. This nasty one was super swift and evasive enough to stay out of sight for most part of the time. Eventually though, when I spotted it, it seemed to take upon this intimidating posture, unlike the usual crouched down, almost flattened pose, to avoid getting detected. One can see the elaborate web structure over which it seems to keep the whole body, probably to avoid getting tangled in?

EXIF:
    Canon 80D
    Canon 100mm macro
    F/16
    Shutterspeed 1/160
    ISO 250
    Handheld, External flash fired

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The low angle looks great. It shows how it is lightly hovering over the web it has woven underneath. Good details on the eyes. What are two things in the middle, between the front legs? Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information